STX Entertainment has released the final trailer for Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. And, oh my, is there a lot of visually impressive things going on in it:
- Three trailers in and I know very little of the plot. That makes me happy.
- I really hope this is good. I have never read the European comics this is based on, but I understand they were very influential to The Fifth Element.
- Is that a slowed down orchestral Gangsta’s Paradise? Because that…is…awesome.
- I’m led to believe that the two main characters are time travelers. This often takes me out of enjoying a film as I try to comprehend timelines and physics. I hope this doesn’t get too convoluted.
- There’s just so much going on in these scenes. This one might be a flop and a financial disaster, but it appears it will be beautiful no matter what. I, for one, hope it’s wonderful.
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets arrives in theaters July 21.
You can check out the graphic novel the movie is based on below . . .